Post By RelatedRelated Post
Even though it’s still the beginning of August, in my mind, fall is already here. My son’s school starts back next week and I’m dreading how tight my schedule is going to become with sports, homework and keeping up with myself and work. So, I’ve decided to transition my summer wardrobe out a little here and a little there. Read below for my top five tips for transitioning (slowly) for the fall season.
Top 5 Tips for Transitioning to Fall:
- Start storing away bright summery prints and light weight materials, such as linen. I like to store my off seasonal clothes in large plastic storage containers like this here.
- Hold over longer tanks and tops that are solid or with a neutral pattern, such as gingham, plaid, stripes etc. They make for great layering pieces in the fall and winter seasons.
- Start opting to wear a peep toe pump or a shootie (bootie with open toe). Stay away from strappy sandals, especially ones with a heel, go ahead and put most of those into storage besides one pair. It’s still okay to wear a flat gladiator or slide sandal while transitioning into fall.
- Go ahead and pack up all the summer scarves, especially the ones that have or resemble a summer paisley print in tropical colors. I find that a light weight scarf, especially in neutral colors and deep bold colors, can be used in a variety of ways all year round. Scarves can not only be worn around the neck, but also as an additional pop of color or flair to your purse or wrist.
- Put some thought into the items you are currently wearing and how you can add another layer to it. Layers such as duster vests or cardigans, and light weight bombers or plaid blazers. Think about fall colors (btw gray and brown mixed together is gonna be huge for fall) and how you can add in some darker hues here in and there. My ultimate favorite color blocking combination is white, black and tan. Nothing compares to its upscale class; however, red, gray and black come close. You always need three good colors to create a striking color blocking look.
Hot Trends for Fall Season:
- Slouchy boots, if you don’t own a pair, now is the time to be looking. Stay tuned for my favorites on my SHOP page.
- Velvet, suede and leather materials for staple pieces, such as skirts, trenches, blazers, pants etc.
- All over printed duster coats and dresses.
- Fall florals are here to stay this season F/W17 season.
- Oversized jackets, which can also be worn belted.
Remember that fashion is at a place where it’s not focused so much on “what” you’re wearing but how you “styled” it. So be creative and play around with print on print and color combinations. Hope this blog provides some guidance for you guys. I honestly cannot wait until fall weather gets here, I’m tired of thinking how I can accessorize to make a summer look more interesting. Bring on the layers for Fall Y’all! (Only if all of you knew how much I secretly HATE that phrase, true story!) Until next time.
Always be kind,
ALL IMAGES: RICHARD CRANK
SHOP THE LOOK
Details on fit and sizing: Top I’m wearing an XS and it fit perfectly, I normally vary between xs-small and size 2-4 in blazers. Jeans are size 27 that I have on, but usually wear 26, they just didn’t have them in stock so I bought the 27s lol (see links down at very bottom to purchase size 26).
(use code DD15 for 15% off purchases made at VC Boutique)
Michael Stars top
J. Brand jeans
Niigata F7 purse
Jenny Bird (similar) cuff
Shoes (0ld), similar here