There are some big spring trend alerts for the 2017 season and I’m gonna break ‘em down for ya right here:
- Deconstructed suiting. Matchy, matchy is overkill these days. The old way of pairing a suit together isn’t the same anymore. Designers are adding more interesting details and have them paired with more modernized midi skirts with a heel or relaxed trousers with a flat.
- Crossbody purses that hit at your waistline. Keep in mind the size, the one I’m wearing in these pictures is probably the largest you should consider.
- Pairing romantic dresses and blouses with flowers and lace with utility jackets.
- EMBROIDERY is a must. I would suggest a bomber or denim jacket with embroidered flowers to get a lot of wear with different items.
- Ankle wrapped flats and sandals
- Mules and blocked heel sandals
- Trench coats are a must have, best to purchase one in a neutral color to pair with more outfits. (Stay tuned for my favorites in a separate post.)
- Jeans that have a unique hemline, such as a frayed unfinished hem is in! The everyday normal hemline is boring these days. Try updating with a cropped jean that has a high low cut hemline or denim with patchwork that has mixed shades of denim to keep you up-to-date with the trends. (Now don’t take me wrong here, the dark normal hemline jean is always a go-to for a classic look.)
- Colors that are going to be popular are blush, khaki, airy blue, lush meadow, spicy mustard and dusty cedar to name a few. You will see a mix of light and dark colors being paired together, and that’s okay! Because you can pair with a complementary color, as well as with cream, white or beige to brighten them up. (Think of Greece and how great that rich deep blue looks with white.)
- Last, but not least, add a brooch to create some interest and add the final touch to a blouse or jacket.
Now for this look….
I’m wearing a BCBGeneration blazer, which I loved because of the length. The longer length allows you to wear it laying over your shoulders with ease, and you really can’t beat the quality of this blazer for only $128. I went up one size to a medium to allow more room to lay over the shoulders, but when comparing the small to the medium there wasn’t too much of a difference.
The bow tie strap tank is by Splendid and the blue button up is by Elliot Lauren. The J.Brand denim was a must for me because of the uneven hemline. The wash is a perfect medium to dark wash that can be dressed up or down. The shoes believe it or not only cost me $8 dollars. I got them on sale for d.i.r.t. cheap last year after summer ended. (See below for similar ones to shop.)
The crossbody purse is by Foley + Corinna. Anything you buy from them is guaranteed to be of great quality. I chose the cognac-tan leather to create contrast and go with the sandals. Key things when creating a great outfit are colors and contrast, and knowing complementary colors. Learn more about complementary colors in a previous post here. If you guys would like for me to do another complementary colors post, let me know and I would be more than happy to do it. 🙂 Until next time.
Always be kind.
ALL IMAGES: RICHARD CRANK
SHOP THIS LOOK