As I’ve been shopping for New York Fashion Week (NYFW) I’ve come across a lot of great finds, as well as some trends that all retailers and designers are embracing for the Fall season. So here is what you need to know…
Top Six Trends for Fall
1. Red, red, red. We saw it back in February at many of the runway shows for the AW18 season. I suggest buying a couple tops in red, a pair of booties and a purse to help you make multiple outfits using the red statement with existing items in your wardrobe.
2. Side-striped pants and denim. It’s everywhere. I suggest purchasing a pair of jeans that fit you well, because the stripe down the side of the legs is flattering and won’t be going out of style anytime soon. The extra details on denim movement is here to stay, boring jeans are a thing of the past- so don’t grieve over investing in a great pair!
3. Pattern-on-pattern, patched prints and all over print. This is an everlasting trend, but one that makes a statement when done well. The number one rule to pattern playing well is making sure both patterns have a common color. And it’s best to mix a large print with a smaller print.
4. Rich fabrics like jacquard, silk, suede, leather and lace are all very prominent this season. Mixing these luxurious fabrics to create a look sets the bar for high-class standards.
5. Metallic and slouchy boots. If you don’t own a pair of gold or silver booties now is the time to let your feet make the statement of the outfit. I’m obsessed with these two-toned booties that I have linked in the mix below. Why buy a gold and a silver pair when you can “kill two birds with one stone”!? For those who don’t want to spend a lot of money on this trend, I suggest shopping at Lulu’s for more inexpensive options. They have a lot of options and it’s a great place to find trendy items that you normally wouldn’t wear.
6. Animal print, especially leopard. I’m not usually a go-to for animal print clothing, so this year I added animal print into my wardrobe with accessories such as necktie scarves, booties and fedora hats.
Regardless of the trends, one thing is for sure, I can’t wait for Fall temps to stay. Until next time, always be kind.