Do you ever wake up some days and think there has got to be more to life than this?
The fact is, most of experience this at some point. Some of us, unfortunately, may find ourselves thinking this way more often than others. As humans, we thrive on purpose, and if we don’t see that in our life, some will begin questioning in thought and others will seek self-destructive behavior. I say that but I don’t mean that they intentionally seek out self-destructive behavior, in fact, half of them aren’t even aware they are doing it!
It may not seem like it at a brief glance, but I suspect that our culture is at the beginning of a great spiritual revolution; a time when we will once again start looking inward for happiness and increasingly reject external influences. Many of us have been raised in an atmosphere of excessive materialism, polluted with incessant marketing that wants us to believe that we need the next best thing to be happy. Well friends, I don’t know any other way how to say this, but you simply can’t be happy until you’re happy with what you have now. That’s it. You learn to find gratitude for what you have presently in your life, or you continue on a path that will almost certainly leave you perpetually unfulfilled.
We take so much for granted.
I want you to take a moment to think about your daily routine and the parts of that routine you actually enjoy. For instance, the other day I woke up and I was so thankful for my cup of coffee. It brings me so much joy to have my cup of coffee every morning. I enjoy the routine, the sound, the smell, my variety of mugs and of course the little caffeine pick-me-up. Truly, life is all about the small things.
So many people put emphasis (and trust me I used to be this person) on what kind of car you drive, how big your house is, designer purses, shoes, clothes—you name it! ALL OF THOSE THINGS DO NOT MATTER. I know that sounds contradicting with my love for fashion, but it’s not high-end fashion designers that I am in love with, it’s the art of styling materials, textures, colors and prints together—that’s my creative outlet. And at the end of the day they are just THINGS that offer fleeting satisfaction at best. You came into this world with nothing and you will leave this world with nothing. IT’S YOUR SPIRIT and individuality that brings value to your life on earth. It’s all about learning who that person is on the inside. You know it’s there, we all do.
So here are 11 Ways to Gain Mental Clarity on Life:
- Realize that we are all equals. Everyone at the end of the day just wants to feel valued and accepted. We ALL originate from the same source of energy and that source is God’s universal energy of love. Every single one of us wants to feel loved.
- Live and do what makes you happy and fulfills your passions without being offended by other people’s opinions. You have a choice in whether you allow yourself to be offended, and most of the time it’s your ego getting the best of you.
- Stop judging and over-analyzing situations. So many people get caught up on what others will think if they do this or wear that—people are busy, they don’t have time for that! Overthinking is all in your mind based off your own insecurities. People really aren’t thinking about you as much as your intimidation allows you to believe.
- Dive deeper into your perception of the world. For what you see out of this world is exactly what you will create for yourself. If you see a world full of hate and crime that’s exactly what it will be to you. I recommend to stop watching the news so much and create your own beauty of the world. There is more good than you think. All you need to do is tune into it and align yourself with good energy. Once you lift the veil from daily life autopilot to being present and aware, a whole new view of the world appears. As Wayne Dyer said, “Don’t let life de-genius you.”
- Be aware that thoughts are energy and that you yourself are a magnet of energy. Do you live in world where your glass is half full or half empty? Remember that you are in control of your perceptions and attitude, which ultimately will attract the people who surround you in your life. As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can or can’t, either way you are right.” Negative energy attracts more negative energy, positive energy attracts more positive energy—it’s as simple as that.
- Learn to say, “No.” Whether you have an over zest for pleasing other people or have FOMO (fear of missing out) learn to say no and make time for yourself. It’s important that you “your inner self” is happy.
- Meditate and journal. I cannot express the value a moment of silence can bring. These two habits I picked up back in 2004 and the clarity it has blessed is immeasurable. I have learned that I am never alone and that there truly is this whole other world just waiting for us to be enlightened to. Plus, it’s nice to be able to reread old journals and realize how far you have come. (And there are some you may also want to burn, lol.)
- Everyday wake up and give gratitude for 5 things. When we truly live a life of gratitude for what we have now then you will be open to receiving more. Remember, life is always about the small things.
- Love your body and take care of it. Your spirit is only given one body and how you treat it will determine how much enriched experiences you will get to enjoy while here on Earth. And know that it is never too late to make a change for a better lifestyle.
- Live presently. Let your family and friends know how much they mean to you and make the effort to spend time with them, especially your children. Tell people more often how much they mean to you. Tomorrow is never a guarantee and it’s our purpose to spread as much good energy as we can each and every day we are here, because there is no higher energy or power than LOVE.
- And last, but most importantly, is to have FAITH. When you live life without resistance you flow with the synchronicity of what God has planned for you. When we push, try to control and put deadlines on events we want to happen in our lives, we blockade ourselves from naturally receiving what is right and in turn create our own self-suffering of disappointment and discourage. Let go and let God do his work. Everything will come to you when the time is right. The key is PATIENCE.
I hope this post can help someone today as we recognize Mental Health Day. Until next time.
Always be kind,